Sunday, December 8, 2019

My Life without Me





Crossing forty and looking back
Am a house wife..
Oh no no , a new monicker
Home maker
See everything is politically correct
Atleast in writing
Taking care of family happily
I think so.

When i look back
I was my Father's daughter
I was my Husband's wife
Now
Iam my Kid's mother
In future
I will be some grandmother.
But where am i?

Oh i was me for few years
When i was in college,
I was the best of me
Exploring new me
Adoring friends,
Doting teachers
Secret crushes
Had the best days of me
Oh
Actually I was me

Even when i worked 
I had the better days of me
I was called my name
I was treated as me and equal
I had super fun as super woman
A woman for all seasons and reasons

Now,

I just miss those days,
I would love to be me
I dont want to be somebody's 
I want to be called as me.
Above all else
I want to find my new Self


1 comment: