Monday, April 12, 2010

Reality bites

I travelled villages in remote places

which are backward for ages..
without roads, transportation and even water.
People walk miles barefoot in hot sun
to fetch water to drink.
I watched this drinking
the cool branded water.
Their feets having cracks like
their parched land.
I felt like an alien
wearing my 'Nike' in their land.
Children running here and there
with their running nose.
Men and women chatting in the day time
when they will see the good time...
People looked our car and us as foreigners
Yes, for them we are foreigners.
I came to the village for selling cigarattes,
where even 3 meals a day is luxury.
But this is my job and
iam the new age man.
Iam lying if i say iam ashamed of this.
But i felt sorry for them,
the only thing i can do now.
I came back to my hotel room
closed my eyes and slept
shutting the reality out.

No comments:

Post a Comment